FiiK ‘Shortii’ RC Electric Skateboard Review
If you have never been on a skateboard in your life, it isn’t too late. There are many types of high quality boards being made, and there are also cool options for people who previously may have thought they didn’t have what it takes to use a skateboard.
One type that is noteworthy is the electric skateboard, which does most of the work for you. One of the best electric longboards worth a look further is the Fiik Shortii.
Overall Rating: 4.6 out of 5
- Powerful 800 watt motor
- 300 pound weight capacity
- Anti-Lock brakes
- 22 mph top speed
- It's somewhat heavy
- Out of stock on Amazon
Specifications and Features
You may think that all these features look great, but the real question is, does it perform the way that I want it to? Then answer is yes. There are many people who have used this board and love it. Most people comment on how fun and easy it is to use, even if you aren’t that familiar with riding skateboards.
On the flip side, there are a few minor beefs people have with this item, including the weight. However, this shouldn’t be much of a problem, unless you get stranded and have to carry it home. Otherwise, the weight is one of the good things about this board, making it well-built and able to withstand a lot of cargo. It can perform in a number of different places and it does it well.
Another thing people comment on is that the manufacturer is hard to get in touch with. However, that isn’t really true. They welcome you on their website to contact them and you can even download the manual and order spare parts while you’re there.
The retro style of the board is also liked by users, and they appreciate that it will stop on its own if the rider happens to fall off or get separated from the board. This saves you the time of having to follow a runaway board or wonder where yours wheeled off to.
Average Rating On Amazon:
4.7 out of 5 stars
- Unique wheels. This product has wheels that are large and have off-road capabilities. They are about 8 inches in diameter and have aluminum rims. They also look really cool, just like the cars you played with as a kid. You can really feel like you are riding on a special toy when you use this board.
- Lights. There are LED lights on the front and back of the board, so you are able to see where you’re going. It will also help people be able to see you, making the whole process a lot safer if you happen to be out at night.
- Handle. This board is rather heavy since it’s so heavy duty, so it has a handle to help carry it. It actually weighs around 50 pounds, so you should do what you can to not have to carry it around and risk overexerting yourself.
- 800w Motor. This motor makes the device very powerful. It is able to get up and go well, and can carry up to 300 pounds, so it is great for people of many different ages and body types.
- Long range. The board is able to go anywhere from 10-15 miles if fully charged. The exact distance depends on the terrain you are on and how much you weigh, so it can change from trip to trip.
- Special remote. The remote for this model comfortably fits in your hand and has a pistol-grip. It also lets you choose between three speeds, to get it just right for how you want to ride it. It even has a proximity sensor which turns the brakes on when the remote is far away from the board. This can be helpful if you have an accident or fall off.
- Special power switch. There is a switch on the device that turns it off if it’s at risk of overheating, and in order to protect the fuses. This means it can help prevent serious malfunctions from occurring, which in reality, can keep this board running perfectly for a long time.
- Anti-lock brakes. The brakes are guaranteed not to lock up on you. They are regenerative, so you don’t have to worry about them making you stop abruptly or in an unsafe manner.
- Powerful battery. This gadget’s battery does not have a memory, so it will give you a perfect charge each time. It is also deep cycle and only takes about 4 or 5 hours to fully charge up again when it needs to be replenished.
- Fast. Depending on the type of road you are on and your size, the board can go up to 22 MPH, which is relatively fast, even for a product of this type.
- Strong deck. The deck is made of maple and has a bit of a concave shape. This helps you ride it easily and provides better traction for your feet.
Is The Fiik Shortii Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
People who want a fast, short eboard
Not So Great for…
Beginners or children
The Final Verdict
One thing to keep in mind when you purchase an electric skateboard is that you don’t want to get it and go directly on the road with it. You will need to practice your technique and make sure that you can handle the board and the remote before you embark on a journey outside.
This becomes increasingly more important if the rider is a teenager, since they should be supervised as much as possible when riding. This is for their safety and to make sure that they are riding responsibly. The device is not intended to be used for doing tricks, or in the same manner that you would ride a regular skateboard, so you need to keep that in mind when you’re using it.
Another aspect of owning this skateboard is making sure that all parts are secured at any given time and working properly. Since it has some very sophisticated hardware on the bottom of it, you need to monitor that everything is in a suitable condition. Otherwise, it shouldn’t be taken on the street.
When everything is working well, feel free to ride your new device for as long as the battery will take you. Of course, you still need to factor in the distance there and back home, so you aren’t stuck having to carry your board for a long distance. Since it’s so heavy, it won’t be fun to have to lug all the way home.
You also need to remember that you don’t have to ride the board at top speed. The highest speed is really designed to be used by the most experienced skateboard riders. The board goes so fast that it could be dangerous if you aren’t knowledgeable enough to know what types of obstacles to avoid or what to look out for. This board should not be used near water or in the rain, so make sure the weather is nice when you use it.
Finally, the main thing is to have fun. The whole process should be carefree and allow you to relax and ride your skateboard through your neighborhood and wherever else you need to go. It’s perfect for going down the block and doing other business around town.
This board looks more like a toy than other models, but it is actually very well made and has a lot of character as well. The features really stack up when you look at them together, including that this product can go over 20 MPH, can travel at least 10 miles before you need to charge it, and it has a quick charge time.
The Remote Control
Another aspect that is exciting is the remote control. It has straightforward controls and allows you to dictate the speed. The remote also has the capability to keep you from being separated from the board. This is a unique feature that isn’t seen in other top models and is also extremely helpful.
Besides that, the board is rugged and built to last. However, it isn’t highly portable because of the hefty weight. It is better suited to ride around your neighborhood or transport it in your car whenever you want to ride it somewhere else. There are a lot of ways to ride it, since it can go multiple speeds and you don’t have to worry that it won’t support you properly since it can hold a load of up to 300 pounds.
There is no doubt that you’ll turn heads on this board, which may or may not be your intention. It uses cutting edge technology in all of its parts, and is able to perform faster and longer than some of the items that are in the same price range. That is why this is one that is specifically noted to be a high performing model that people love and enjoy riding. It claims to be a powerful model, and it certainly delivers results for each one of its users.
Check Out the Yuneec eGo
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- FiiK ‘Shortii’ RC
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: