Falcon 1200 Watt Electric Skateboard Review
Even if you’re only a classic skateboarder, you have to admit there are a variety of different types of boards out there to purchase. You can find anything from a hoverboard to boards with 1 wheel to a remote control longboard.
Some models are better than others, but one that is able to help you rid yourself from having to use your car all the time is the Falcon 1200 Watt electric skateboard. It is sturdy, strong, and can allow you to be more free and independent.
Besides that, it’s so easy to take around wherever you need to go and can allow you to run errands, have a leisurely ride, or anything in between.
- 1 year warranty
- 17 mile range
- 20 mph top speed
- Out of stock
- Low amount of ratings & reviews
Specifications and Features
This simple looking board actually has a lot of things going for it. Here are some of the major aspects that make it interesting.
The Handheld Remote
You’ll also need to get used to the handheld remote. You have to use it to control your speed, to accelerate, and to use the brakes. The brakes work quickly and can surprise you and cause you to fall, which is another reason you need to keep practicing your riding. The remote is also able to tell you how much charge is left on the battery of the remote and the board, so you aren’t in the dark about how much longer you can ride.
Hopefully, this can keep you from getting stranded somewhere, since you shouldn’t use your board in the same way as a traditional skateboard, even if they battery is dead. This can mess up the machinery and parts that it’s comprised of, since it wasn’t designed to be used that way.
Furthermore, you should put serious consideration into wearing safety gear when you embark on a ride on this board. This usually consists of a helmet, but you can also wear any type of protective pads you have laying around too.
Finally, it’s a good idea to decide how you want to use this product. It’s good for a wide range of tasks, so choose which one fits with your reason for purchasing this item. When it was made, they wanted the user to be able to use it instead of their car. Imagine you need to go to the corner store for a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk. Driving to the store involves using your car and burning gas, which can get expensive and releases toxic fumes and gasses into the air.
However, on this board, you’re working with battery power, so not only are you living greener, but you can get there in roughly the same amount of time. This is due to the fact that skateboards don’t have to drive on roads or stop at stop signs, so you can politely ride your skateboard on the sidewalks and run your errand. When you’re done, you can simply ride it back home, and charge it, so it’ll be ready the next time you need something.
The maintenance on this board is also easy, where you’ll only have to make sure that the deck, trucks, and wheels are secured well and not nicked or scratched up, which makes owning this item as painless as can be.
What Users Have To Say
There aren’t many comments or concerns posted by users of this product, so there isn’t a general consensus on any major problems. Some said that when they had issues with the board, they simply went to a brick and mortar establishment to get advice on what to do.
This is a reasonable course of action, especially if you’re someone that is leery of ordering things online. However, this board is similar to many other boards out there, and is very potent, so there’s nothing to worry about on that front.
- Powerful motor. This board’s motor is extremely powerful at 1200 watts. It is also 24 volts, making it strong and able to take you many places.
- Long range on a single charge. You can go a maximum of 17 miles on a full charge. However, this is mainly dictated by your body mass and where you are riding it. The board really likes flat surfaces so it doesn’t have to work too hard to get moving.
- Handy remote control. Like many other electric skateboards, this one also comes with a handheld remote. It connects to the board via
- Bluetooth connection and lets you dictate the speed you want to use. You can use it to reduce your speed, increase your speed, and even for braking purposes.
- Can go uphill a bit. It’s capable of climbing up to a 30-degree incline. This isn’t too steep of an angle, but it is still rather impressive. Some boards can’t handle any sort of uneven terrain.
- Sturdy deck. The deck is constructed of 9 layers of maple, so it has an authentic wooden look to it and is very sturdy. There’s no reason to think you aren’t supported when you ride on this one.
- Quick recharge time. When the battery runs out of juice, it’s no big deal because you can recharge it fully in just two hours. This is exceptionally fast for such a powerful machine.
- Goes fast. This one is able to travel up to around 20 MPH, depending on who is riding it. Some people are able to get it to go a little bit faster or a little bit slower, depending on how they ride it.
- Lightweight. You don’t have to worry about having to lift a heavy board around with this product because it doesn’t weigh much at all. It actually weighs around 11 pounds, which is extremely light for a device of this type.
- Great for many body types. It can hold a maximum of 245 pounds, but the manufacturer has noted that you won’t get top performance out of it unless you weigh a bit less.
- Expensive - The cost of this board is higher than most electric skateboards.
The Final Verdict
This board is a great choice for your first electronic skateboard. One reason this is true is because it’s around half the price of some of the other models out there, so even if you don’t like this one, you aren’t out of that much money. However, there are more important reasons to give this a try.
The motor is powerful, the ride is smooth, it can take you a long way on one charge, it goes fast, and it charges up rather quickly. With the companion remote, you can control your board and be aware of when you need to wrap up your ride and go home. This keeps you from getting embarrassed and having to carry it home and it also clues you in to when you need to charge it. Besides that, there isn’t anything to worry about besides making sure it’s taken care of.
Of course, you can’t expect it to work properly if you aren’t using it properly, so make sure you go on a lot of practice runs in order to be familiar with how this one drives and what it can drive on. It is not intended to be used on off-road types of terrain, so you shouldn’t expect it to propel well over grass or sand simply because it’s an electric skateboard. The wheels look much like regular skateboard wheels, so remember to ride it where you would ride your regular board.
All of these reasons should be enough to convince you that this board should be a top contender when you are looking into different prospects. The board is lightweight, easy to use, and moves faster than many other types.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Falcon Board
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: