Dynacraft Surge Electric Skateboard Review
We live in a time where e-boards are really taking off, which is partly why I created this electric skateboard review website. They aren’t just for hardcore enthusiasts anymore; there are actually products for virtually anyone, including children.
The Dynacraft Surge Skateboard is a great one to purchase for your kids, mainly because it’s powerful enough to work properly, but not so powerful that it would be a safety risk to your little ones.
Overall Rating: 4.0 out of 5
- Perfect for kids
- Affordable price
- Very slow, only goes 6mph
- Low weight capacity of 145 lbs
Specifications and Features
This board is a great investment if your child wants to learn to skateboard or you want them to learn. The speed and power of this board is properly suited for kids, so you don’t have to worry about it being too dangerous or not being able to hold them.
It’s perfect for a beginner or a kid who already really likes skateboarding. Since the remote has 3 speeds, you can start out really slow, until your boy or girl can handle top speed. At the same time, it’s great for kids who have already been riding a skateboard for a while. This is because it does something a little bit different. Through the use of the remote, it allows them to essentially drive the skateboard, instead of having to kick and push the entire time.
It weighs a little over 20 pounds, so you might have to help your child carry it around, and they should be supervised at all times as well.
They need to know that when they see loose ground or broken concrete, they should stay away. This will help limit the amount of accidents that occur. Furthermore, you’ll need to aid them in understanding how to use the remote, as it can be overwhelming at first to ride and steer a board without having to add something additional into the mix.
Another thing to be aware of is that this item is built for some wear and tear, so you don’t have to treat it like it is made of glass. If something ever happens to your board, you can find any of the parts you need through Dynacraft. They sell replacement parts so you can get a lot of life out of this board, and possibly even use if for more than one child, if you have a lot of little athletes in your family. What’s even better is that you can contact their customer service at any time and get some help if you have a problem. They will be able to help and tell you how to fix any issues you are having.
Users of the product think it works great and are glad that it doesn’t go too fast for their youngsters, but some people don’t think it is fast enough. However, it is important to keep in mind that this one is really only for kids who simply don’t have a need to go much faster than this board can take them. If they do, you can simply buy them a regular skateboard, so they can go faster and to do tricks with it. This special board is not for doing tricks, and it shouldn’t be used in rainy or bad weather, so make sure that you explain that to your skater.
Average Rating On Amazon:
2.9 out of 5 stars
- Doesn’t go too fast. This product only goes up to 6 MPH, which isn’t so fast that you have to worry each time your child is using it. However, it’s fast enough for them to have a good time. This speed is really the equivalent of a fast walk or slow run, so you can be sure that it is safe for youngsters. It will also allow you to keep up with them if you’re walking or running alongside them as they use it.
- Great for children 8 years and up. Although this product is made with kids in mind, it shouldn’t be used by children under 8 years old. This is mainly because a user needs to know the process of skateboarding when they use it, and they need to know how to be safe. It’s unlikely that a child younger than 8 would know how to steer, slow down, or other things that are important when you use any type of board.
- Rated for 145 pounds and under. This weight limit means that only young kids should be using this one. Even if an adult weighs less than this, there are larger boards designed for their purposes. It isn’t a good idea for adults to ride it at all, since the weight limit is so low compared to the average weight of adults.
- 24V electric motor. This is stronger than some car batteries, so you know that it’s built to be heavy duty. Even though it doesn’t go very fast, it does work well and is great for all types of kids.
- Power switch. There is a power switch to turn it on and off, depending on when you want to use it. This helps it keep a charge so that it’ll be able to work longer and keep being used.
- 3-speed remote. The remote is supposed to be held in your hand while you’re riding it. This is another reason why it’s better suited for older kids. They need to be able to hold a remote, steer, and ride the board all at the same time, which could be hard even for adults at times. The 3 speeds help the child learn the process of how skateboarding works and make sure that the process isn’t happening too fast for them.
- Alloy trucks. The item has alloy trucks, which means the materials that make up the structure are very strong and durable. It keeps the wheels in place and allows the board to hold up well.
- Grip tape on board. The grip tape on the top of the deck is great for keeping your shoes in place whenever you ride it. It can keep a kid from sliding around or falling off the board as easily. The deck itself is a little over 30 inches long, so it’s a regular sized board, which shouldn’t be much of a problem for small feet.
- Reliability - Some users complain that the board only worked for one week before it broke completely.
- Turning - Other users complained that the board does not turn easily, which could be dangerous for children or people learning how to ride.
- Weak Motor - Some users mentioned the board struggles to make it up hills because of the weak motor. However, if you are using it on flat ground, it works fine.
Is The Dynacraft Surge Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
Since a child isn’t able to go at an unsafe speed on this board, it would be perfect for hanging out and doing fun activities as a family.
Not So Great for…
Adults who want a high performance board that goes fast, or people over 145 pounds
The Final Verdict
You don’t have to worry about connecting a Bluetooth device, charging it or anything like that. Instead, you just have to worry about the handheld remote and the power switch if you want it to work properly. You will need to put a battery in the remote as well, so that it can operate properly, and take precautions not to drop it, which can mess up the delicate circuitry inside.
It’s still a powerful machine with a motor, so there are safety precautions that need to be put in place to ensure a harmless ride each time. Moreover, this one is too heavy for a child to lift and carry around, so they will need your help when they want to use it. It isn’t terribly portable, which, in this case, is a very good thing.
This board is a solid investment for kids, not only because it’s their size but because of the enjoyment they can get from it. Since it can be utilized by a beginner or a kid who already knows how to skateboard, it is something that is quite useful. It’s a bit low tech compared to other more complicated boards out there, but that is good.
Check It Out
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Dynacraft Surge
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: