Benchwheel Dual 1800w Electric Skateboard Review
Many electric skateboard users report that it can be hard to go around town on their boards without getting stopped. People want to know what they are riding and what it can do. Some may even want to take it for a spin.
The Benchwheel Dual 1800w electronic skateboard does all the cool things other e-skateboards can do, but no one is the wiser.
- Very large capacity
- More expensive than most composters, but you get what you pay for
Specifications and Features
This board is capable of doing so much because it’s suited for more than just driving on flat terrains and roads. It is actually designed to be able to go top speed even when climbing uphill and can be driven safely over very shallow puddles. This is something that is a little bit outside the norm because most of the popular models of electric skateboards only want to work on flat surfaces. Since you can go over different types of surfaces on this one, there’s really no limit to the amount of fun you can have.
It’s 40 Inches Long
It is a longboard type model, with a length of nearly 40 inches long, which is a little bit different than a standard deck because it’s elongated. This means more types of people are able to ride comfortably on the board, since it can distribute larger weights. For instance, this one is rated to hold a cargo of up to 250 pounds, which is a big deal for those who are tall or have larger builds. Some boards don’t allow for larger individuals to use them, mostly because they don’t have enough power to propel them. That isn’t really a problem for this item as it can work for different age groups, genders, and sizes of people.
Besides that, it isn’t hard to learn how to ride it. If you have ever skateboarded in your life, you’re likely familiar with the way you need to stand on the board and the proper ways to shift your weight to change the board’s direction. You will need all this information to ride this board too, so you have already done most of the work. If you’ve never been on a skateboard before, you will first need to learn the concepts that were mentioned earlier and then you’ll be on your way.
About The Remote Control
After that, the only thing left to add to the equation is the remote control. The one on this product is pretty easy to use and it is utilized to set speed and mode, so it can be considered the most important aspect of the item. Without the remote, the board wouldn’t even go, so it’s a good idea to learn how to use it properly.
A popular rule of thumb when you first purchase a new board is to practice on it. You don’t want to hit up a city street if you haven’t put any miles on your board yet. Get suited up with a helmet and any other equipment that makes you feel safe and do some practice runs on your new vehicle.
Once you become proficient, it’s time to hit the road. You can use this board to just travel through your neighborhood, get somewhere in a hurry, run errands, or anything else you can think of. It doesn’t travel as fast as a car, but it is faster than many other things out there. As a bonus, it isn’t wasting gas and polluting the environment. Instead, it’s a no-fuss way to get to your friend’s house or go grab a sandwich at the nearest food truck.
The fact that this product has dual motors that are especially powerful makes all the claims it puts forth seem reasonable. It’s lightweight and has all of the powerful electronic components tucked away, so there’s no risk that they will be harmed or damaged. That can make you feel rather confident when you’re driving it, since you don’t have to worry about hitting the bottom of the board on the pavement, doubly, since the item itself has a high profile to protect you even further.
What Users Say
People who use the product appreciate how portable it is, with the special handle that it comes with. They also love that it’s powerful because of its unique motors. A couple of things that they didn’t like were that the remote is easy to lose track of and you need to add lights to it yourself if you want to ride at night. However, these are easy solutions to fix, so if you buy this board, you can likely find some unique solutions to these problems. The gadget is more than capable of taking you wherever you want it to.
- Unique Deck. The deck of this board is constructed of a mix of bamboo and fiberglass to make the body very durable.
- Low profile electronics. The electric components of this item are protected in a slim-line metal box that keeps it all out of the way, so you don’t have to worry about the moving parts getting messed up at all.
- High clearance underneath. Besides the fact that the most important parts are encased in metal along the bottom, the board is also a bit higher than others. This is to keep you from hitting the bottom of the board on the road and messing it up. There is enough room underneath to ride and keep from causing any damage or scrapes.
- Powerful dual motors. Something that makes this model really unique is that it has 2 brushless motors. They are each 1800 watts, so this one can really get up and go. This motor configuration is specialized so no part of the motor will wear out easily; since there are two equal motors, both sides will get the same amount of wear, meaning they will hold up better over time and last longer.
- Goes 20 MPH. The board is capable of going a max of 20 mph and doesn’t have a problem accelerating. However, you don’t have to go that fast if you don’t want to, and it may not go top speed, depending on the surface it’s driving on and the mass of the rider.
- Special remote. The remote for this product does the standard things, like allowing you to decide how fast you want to go and which mode you want to drive in. However, this one doesn’t need to be charged very often, perhaps just once a week.
- Looks. Some electric boards are quite obviously different when you see them. However, the Benchwheel doesn’t look any different than a traditional skateboard. This means you can drive around a little incognito, and pretend it is just a regular model.
- Carrying Handle. There is a large cutout on the side of the board that works like a handle. Since it’s in the middle of the side, the weight of the board is even, so you don’t have to worry about it being uncomfortable or too bulky to carry. It’s essentially just like carrying a briefcase.
- Battery Life. Some users complained that the battery began to drain quicker after a few weeks of use.
- Stiff Board. Other users mentioned that the board is very stiff and the ride is unpleasant.
- Cheap Trucks. The trucks according to some customers are cheaply made compared to other models.
Is The Benchwheel Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
People looking for a long lasting, durable product that will last for years in any climate
Not So Great for…
For small families, who will struggle to fill it, or those with limited space, as it takes up quite a lot of room.
The Final Verdict
If any aspect of this board sounds good to you, it’s worth giving some serious consideration. Not only can it actually deliver results, like letting you go fast, but it also accelerates well, can go uphill, and has regenerative braking.
The remote is just as efficient as the board, gives you a few options and you don’t have to worry about purchasing batteries for it. You can simply recharge it when it’s low, just like your board. You can even carry the board around if you are unable to ride it someplace, so you can have it when it’s appropriate to ride. The handle is convenient and easy to work with.
If it ever does become damaged, the company has posted videos online to help you determine how to fix it. You are also able to send it back to them if you can’t figure out the problem for yourself. However, that shouldn’t be much of a problem, as they are equipped to handle a lot of tasks, even those that other boards fail miserably at.
Check Out The Benchwheel
On Amazon NOW!
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Benchwheel Electronic Skateboard
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: