Airwheel M3 Electric Skateboard Review
All electric skateboards are not created equal. Each one has special features and things it can do that separate it from the other items sold alongside it.
The Airwheel M3 electric skateboard is no exception, since its features really make it stand out in a crowd and offer a great user experience, no matter who’s using it.
Here are some of the things that really make it different than other motorized skateboards.
- 10 mile range
- Oversized wheels easily roll over bumps and cracks
- Not the fastest board, tops out at 12mph
- Very large and hard to travel with
Specifications and Features
When the manufacturer made this product, they wanted the user to feel like they were surfing on city streets. To do this, they made sure that the ride was as smooth as can be. It features high quality shock absorbers on the wheels, so that it can turn and move just like you need it to.
Besides that, it is comfortable to ride and can be used by virtually anyone of any age, from teenagers to middle-aged men and women. The point is that you should be able to have fun with it and also get a little bit of exercise at the same time.
Another feature that offers you a bit more protection is that there is a dual core setup, meaning it has 2 chips that tell it what to do. This is what guides the board, and makes it powerful enough to use for hours at a time.
It is important that you only use it outside, as some users have damaged their boards by trying to test it indoors. Besides that, people who have this product love it and comment on how easy it is to use and that it works for a long time before you need to charge it. It has also helped a lot of people feel young again, since people who love skateboarding but haven’t done it in a while can get right back on the board and relive old memories.
Furthermore, if you purchase this for yourself or your teenager, make sure that you have a few practice sessions before you take it out on the road alone. You need to be sure that you understand all the mechanics and are able to drive and steer it properly. This can also give you the confidence to know that you can trust the board when you’re away from home, and will allow you to decide how you want to use your new electric skateboard. Also take precautions to keep it away from rainy weather and make sure all parts are always secured properly.
Our Average Rating:
3.3 out of 5 stars
- Handmade deck. The decks for each skateboard are made by hand of maple and other composite materials. This is to ensure that they are strong enough to hold the rider and still do what they need to do.
- 10 Mile Range: This item can go rather far without needing to be recharged. It generally can go around 10 miles before the battery needs to be charged completely. Again, this is just a baseline and it may be able to be used for less time or more time depending on who is using it and how fast they were traveling the whole time. If you stick to a medium speed, you will be able to travel a longer distance without needing to charge the battery, so consider that when you’re out there on the road.
- Personalization: Since this one comes unassembled, if you have a deck that you would rather put on top of this board, you can do that. You can also change out any other part that you want. Airwheel loves the fact that people want to personalize their boards and really encourage it. All you have to do is make sure all the measurements are correct so that it will all work together properly.
- Oversize, all terrain wheels. This board has some really cool wheels on it that may remind you of the RC cars you played with as a child. They are designed to be able to go over all types of different terrains, so you don’t have to worry about wonky sidewalks and other places that would be a bit hazardous to most boards. However, it should still be used mostly on concrete or pavement, so don’t think that this means it can go on rainy streets or through grass. They are also able to keep from getting scratched up and are resistant to skidding.
- Climbs 15 degree slopes. The motor and wheels make this one unique and powerful, so it’s able to do things that aren’t common for electric skateboards. It can climb around 15 degrees, or a little bit more or less, depending on the speed and weight of the rider.
- Easy to use remote. To help you determine what direction and how fast you want to go, there is an ergonomic handheld remote. To use this remote, you push forward to go faster, backward to back up or reverse, and hold it steady to keep up the pace you are riding. It’s a small but powerful device that is easy to use.
- Responds to body weight shifts. Much like a regular skateboard, this one responds to changes in weight on different parts of the board. This is the way you steer and turn it, so this aspect really comes in handy. It is also easy to figure out if you aren’t an expert on a skateboard.
- Can go around 12 MPH. The board can go on average about 12 MPH. However, depending on who is using it, the product can go faster or slower. For instance, if you use it and someone that weighs a few more pounds than you uses it, they may not be able to get a top speed as high as yours.
- No tools required for assembly: Since each deck is made by hand, the board arrives unassembled. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s difficult to put together. In fact, you don’t even need any tools to put it together, and it’s straightforward to figure out. All you’ll have to do is secure the trucks to the board and place the battery in the right place and you are set.
- Smart phone app: Even though the remote control on this board is intuitive and a breeze to use, it doesn’t have a digital readout. If you want to see special aspects of the board, such as how much longer you can ride it, how fast it is going, as well as other things, you will need to download the companion smart phone app for it. The app can help you keep track of all the things you want to know about your board and make sure that everything is working properly. Keep in mind that all the readings are in metric on the app, so you may need to be familiar with the conversions if you aren’t familiar with those measurements.
- Weight: Overall, the large wheels, motor, battery and deck make the board heavy and difficult to carry.
- Acceleration: Some people find it difficult to balance on the board during acceleration, which can cause accidents if one is not careful.
Is The Airwheel M3 Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
People who want a fun board that can go over a variety of terrain
Not So Great for…
People who want a lightweight board with a high top speed.
The Final Verdict
This one not only looks really cool, but is also able to do pretty much everything. With its oversize wheels, it can offer you the best ride you can get, where you don’t have to worry about skidding or small rocks knocking you off the board. You don’t even have to be an experienced skateboarder to be able to use it properly. Anyone can get on it and go.
The only thing you have to get used to is using the remote, which allows you to go forward or in reverse, which is something that is not seen in many other models. To steer it, you simply shift your weight and the board will know exactly what is going on, just like a manual skateboard. If you want even more information about the progress of your board, you can opt to use your smartphone to keep up with the stats at all times.
You don’t have to worry about kicking and pushing your way through the streets. You can just enjoy the ride and the freedom it lets you have. The battery on this model is potent and can last for many hours without needing a charge, and the chips that it has makes it super smart as well. It is perfect for beginners and pros, men and women, and anyone who wants to have fun. You can use it to get from place to place, run errands, or just take a relaxing ride. It can do all of these things and more, and looks good doing it.
Check Out The Airwheel M3
On Amazon NOW!
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Airwheel M3
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: