Yuneec E-Go Electric Skateboard Review
Not everyone feels comfortable buying a new type of technology, even if it seems like something they would really like. However, there are some people who should really consider getting a board like this one.
With the Yuneec E-Go Electric Skateboard, you can be sure that you are going to get where you need to go, and arrive there in style. Keep reading to find out everything about this cool item, so you’ll know if you want to get one for yourself.
Overall Rating: 4.7 out of 5
- Long Range
- Fast Charging
- Wireless Controller
- Smart Phone App
- It's Not Cheap
- Charging Time
eGo Specifications and Features
Whenever you are purchasing a big-ticket item, you should always know what you are purchasing. Here is a list of the features you are getting with this skateboard, which will give you a good idea of what to expect when you’re using it.
Connects With Your Phone
It is paired with the remote or your phone, giving it enough options to afford you a personalized ride while you’re using this gadget. It also has a nice look to it, so you will turn heads whenever you’re using it. The item is also great for many different types of users, whether they need it to get somewhere or just want to use it for recreation.
Short Charge Time
The board is easy to use and you can ride on it for a few hours before it needs to be charged. That means it can be ready to go at all times, since it also has a short charge time. Either way, it can be a good friend to you or you can just take it out when you want to get somewhere in a hurry.
Other Things to Know
This item has a motor that allows it to go relatively fast. That means you have to protect yourself from falling and injuring yourself. You absolutely need to practice using it, steering it, and controlling it with your remote or smart phone before you take it on any major rides. This is so you’ll know how it behaves on many different types of surfaces and that you can control it, to ensure that you are prepared.
Easy To Find Parts
One of the best things about this board is that you can buy virtually any part that you need from E-go, so if something happens to any part of yours, you can replace it and make it new again. The point is that they want you to be able to enjoy your electric skateboard for as long as you want, meaning they want it to be able to be cared for properly.
If you ever need any new parts, you can order them from them manufacturer, which makes this one a solid investment. It is reasonably priced and has a ride that won’t leave you feeling stiff or out of control. It is over 960mm long and 120mm tall, so it’s large enough for many body types as well.
Average Rating On Amazon:
4.7 out of 5 stars
- Range. Can travel a great distance before you need to charge it. With this board, you can travel around 18 miles before it needs to be charged. This is roughly the equivalent of 30 kilometers, which is a good distance.
- Lightweight. This is one of the most lightweight electric skateboards around. It weighs in at around 14 pounds, which means it is perfect for lugging around when you know you’re going to need it. In short, this one is highly portable and it won’t break your back.
- Versatile. You can use this item to get from place to place, or you can just have a leisurely ride with it. Either way, this board will be the perfect way to easily get anywhere you need to go. Since it’s easy to transport, you don’t have to worry about it being too heavy to take somewhere or whether or not it’ll fit in your car.
- Long Riding Time. You can ride this product for about 3 hours before the battery needs to be charged. Since you can go around 13 MPH, this can get you almost 40 miles in 3 hours, meaning it can help you cover a lot of ground.
- Reliable. Even though the item is made to be lightweight, it’s still very sturdy. It also has brushless motors, which are designed to last a long time and make this item more durable. The deck is a bit flexible, so you can ride smoothly and won’t have to worry about it feeling too stiff or uncomfortable.
- Wireless Controller. To help control this board, it comes with a remote control that fits comfortably in your hand and helps you keep track of how fast you are going and other aspects of the board as well.
- Smart Phone App. There is also another way to control the board and that is through the use of smart phone apps. You can use a special app for Android or iPhones to tell the board whether you want to go fast or slow, and the type of mode you want to travel in.
- Speed Control. As far as speed goes, there is a slow and a fast mode. The slow mode is to be used while you are learning how to use the board and the fast can be used once you are proficient. The riding modes consist of ECO and Sport, which change the acceleration and power consumption. It is up to you to determine what modes you want to use and when.
- Not Cheap - The board is not for people with under $600 budget
- Charging Time - Some users complain that the 4 hour charging time is too long.
- Noise - A few users complained that the board made a lot of noise. However, they contacted customer service and they handled the situation quickly and professionally.
Is The Yuneec eGo Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
People who want a reliable board with great range and fast charging
People who have $500 to spend on a board
Not So Great for…
People on a budget who want a cheap electric skateboard for kids
People inexperienced with riding or have little coordination
People who want the fastest board
The Final Verdict
This board has a lot going on that makes it a fun and worthwhile purchase. One of these things is that it’s lightweight, so you can take it pretty much anywhere. It is also constructed from the best materials around, so it should be able to last a long time.
Since it can travel around 13 MPH, you’re going fast enough to get somewhere quickly, but you won’t be going so fast that you aren’t able to control your board.
As long as you keep yourself safe and protected, there aren’t really any problems that you should have with this device. It should be handled with care and you should make sure that you maintain it properly.
Check Out The Yuneec eGo
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Yuneec E-Go
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: