The Best Remote Control Electronic Motor Powered Long Board & Skateboards Reviews & Comparison
There are so many different electric skateboards out there to choose from that you may not know how to choose one. First of all, you may be confused as to what good specs are, what you want or need it to do, and where you need to be able to use it.
The best way to figure out these aspects is by doing research into different products, so you can see what the most common boards are capable of and what you should expect. After that, you should have a good understanding of what is out there so then you can start narrowing down the process of what looks good to you and what you can afford.
At ChooseBoards.com you'll find detailed reviews of the most popular boards that you can purchase, along with specifications, features, possible downsides, and other helpful information. Keep reading for all the data you need to be able to make a decision for your first electronic skateboard purchase.
This guide discusses the top 11 best electric skateboards and longboards that you can buy and all of them are great products. However, there are some that stand out from the crowd, which should catapult them to the top of your list.
Our Top Recommendation
The most noteworthy among these products are the duo of E-Glide boards. The AT has absolutely everything you need, since it can travel on so many different terrains, and also goes fast and a long way in between charges. The overall design with the oversized tires and the aluminum deck makes it look so industrial and cool as well.
Tips To Consider Before Buying An Electric Skateboard
A couple things that you need to know before you make a decision is that you have to practice a little bit before you use one of these boards on the road. That means you have to wear a helmet as well as any other types of protection you think you’ll need, get on the board for a bit each day and make sure you can make all the proper movements you need to make to steer it.
You also have to be able to work any type of remote that comes with the board, which is a lot to keep track of at first, so you should be certain you can handle it before you go for an extended ride.
After you master all these things, you’re good to go. It doesn’t matter if you have experience on skateboards or not, as these processes are easy to master. They will also keep you from falling of the board for silly reasons too, like hitting a rock or in slick conditions.
If you’re purchasing a board for someone else in your house, like one of your children, make sure you supervise their practice sessions, so you can be sure they’re using the device responsibly. When they master all of the major details of steering and driving, you will know that you can trust them to be able to ride on the board for a longer amount of time, although they should still always be supervised for their own safety. You’ll also be confident in their abilities and hopefully they will be as well.
Top 10 Electric Skateboards Comparison
E-Glide GT Powerboard
Altered Fantom 1.0
Benchwheel Dual 1800w
E-Glide GT Powerboard
There are two boards available from E-Glide and they are both extremely useful and unique. The GT model can go 23 MPH and has a deck that measures 45 inches. It can take you 15 miles before you have to charge it and it’s able to navigate many different types of terrains, like uneven sidewalks and grass, with virtually no problem.
- The AT model, which means its all-terrain, does exactly what you think it would. It can go on nearly any surface, including sand and snow, making it one of the most exciting boards you’ll ever see.
- It can go 24 MPH and also has electronic components that make it a workhorse.
- They are also designed to work properly for a long time without breaking down or anything like that.
- Both models have large Kenda tires, which are much larger than other skateboard tires, but it’s also what allows them to be able to go anywhere with ease.
- Their decks themselves are made of aluminum, which not only makes them more durable, it also makes the boards look extremely cool.
- One downside is that these boards are extremely heavy, at least 50 pounds, so you can’t just carry them anywhere. However, they can go fast, take you a long way, and will hold up well over time because they are so rugged.
This board is extremely popular because it’s well made and doesn’t slouch when it comes to power. The only negative thing users say about it is that it is a shame they can’t do tricks with it.
- When it comes to performance, this machine is top notch. It can take you 18 miles before the battery runs out, which is about 3 hours of riding. It can go 13 MPH and charges rather quickly, so it isn’t really an inconvenience.
- It is made well, but it really likes flat surfaces. It doesn’t drive well on broken pavement or even over tiny rocks, so you’ll have to be careful and able to steer it well.
- It also comes with a remote to help you drive it, but you can also use a smartphone and an app to drive it as well. It doesn’t really matter which one you use because they both do a great job of controlling the product.
- The board is very portable at 14 pounds, so you can take it wherever you please. Some people who have purchased it claim to use it for commuting to work or running errands, which is really cool and also good for the environment.
If you’re looking for a board to splurge on yourself, this is one to give much consideration to. It’s perfect for people who are really into skateboarding and want something potent, and it’s also great for beginners since it is straightforward to use.
Airwheel M3 Electric Skateboard
This skateboard is a little bit different because it comes with all terrain wheels. This allows it to go on terrains that other boards have trouble with, like grass. It also looks a lot like a toy car, so it can remind you of when you were a child and life was more carefree.
- Each deck is made by hand and it has nearly no learning curve because of how easy it is to use.
- Another thing that is easy to use is its remote, which allows you to go forward, in reverse, and to keep your speed steady
- If you don’t want to use the remote, you can download a special app on your smart phone to get the most functionality out of your board.
- Other aspects are that it can go around 10 miles before you need to charge it, and that it can climb an incline up to 15 degrees.
- It’s able to go as fast as 12 MPH, which isn’t the fastest on the market, but is still fast enough to take you places.
The best aspect of this board is that it comes unassembled. The reason why this is great is because it comes with all the schematics you’ll need to put it together, without the use of any tools. This also tells you what the board consists of, so you can personalize it for your needs. For example, if you want to use a different deck, you can do that as long as it meets the right specs. This is the way that the manufacturer designed the board because they are interested in seeing what their users come up with when it comes to personalization.
Fiik ‘Shortii" RC
They call this one the “Street Surfer” because it works well on land and it looks pretty fashionable too. It has special wheels that allow for it to go off-road and is able to ride up to 15 miles at a time before you have to charge it.
- It also has LED lights on the front and the back of it, so you can be seen at all times and you will always be able to decipher what is going on as well.
- The remote that comes with it has a pistol grip and lets you choose your speed.
- It can go up to 19+ MPH, so it really does a lot of work with its 800 watt motor.
- There are also anti-lock brakes and a battery that doesn’t have a memory, so it will always charge up just right.
These things are all great features, but it also has some things that are different than the norm. One of these things is that the remote has a proximity sensor on it that makes sure the board stops if you happen to get separated from it. This means you won’t have the problem of a runaway board.
Another unique aspect is that it has a power switch that automatically shuts off if there is an overheating problem or any other malfunction taking place. These features really protect you from lots of issues you can encounter, so they are pretty much priceless.
Altered Fantom Electric Skateboard
This board is designed to be used by older children or smaller adults, so it’s safe enough to purchase for your preteen who is really into skateboarding. It can accommodate up to 120 pounds, so it can also be a good solution for women to use as well.
- The specs indicate that the board travels up to 10 MPH and has belts that are smooth and allow the ride to be comfortable, instead of being stiff.
- You can use it for up to 40 minutes without having to charge it, and it has a 100w motor.
- The remote for the board contrasts with the design of the board, so it’s easy to keep track of and helps control your speed and brakes, so you must learn how to use it properly and keep it handy at all times.
- Furthermore, the trucks are designed to help you maneuver the board faster, so it’s a great beginner board for a youngster and is a breeze to operate.
This Munkyboards item is not only a really great product, but it also comes with a level of customer service that isn’t often seen. They reach out directly to customers to help answer questions and solve problems, which really isn’t something seen much in the 21st century.
- It has a retro design, a 1200-watt motor, and rubber tires that are designed to be able to ride well on pavement and on some off-road terrains as well.
- It also has a Bluetooth remote, so the board and the remote always have a solid connection, and the remote also has a flashlight on it, which means you can see where it is and see what you’re doing as well.
- This board can go up to 20 MPH, can take you 20 miles before you have to charge it, and it charges fully in around 4 hours.
- The company also has many other boards that have smaller motors, so if you think this one is too powerful or goes too fast, there are additional boards that they make that may be better suited for a younger person because they aren’t as powerful.
All of these aspects together give you a top-of-the-line board that can do everything you need it to do very well. Besides that, the company appreciates its users and wants to make sure they have a good experience.
Benchwheel Dual 1800W
The special thing about this skateboard is that it doesn’t look like any of the other electric skateboards you have seen. The average person will have no idea that there are actually some electronics tucked underneath it. This is because all the moving parts are encased in black metal on the bottom of the board.
- This one also features dual 1800 watt motors, so that there are powerful motors placed on each side of the board. That keeps the rider from having to do too much work.
- The other specs are quite impressive, with a top speed of 20 MPH and the ability to withstand up to 250 pounds of cargo with no problem.
- The remote needs to be charged like the board and there is a handle, allowing you to carry it anywhere you need to take it.
- The handle is on the side, so the weight is displaced evenly when you’re carrying it, meaning it won’t knock around a lot.
All in all, the best thing about this board is that it looks like a regular longboard, so people won’t be coming up to you and quizzing you on your mode of transportation as much as they would with flashier models. It’s also able to drive fast and perform well, so it does what it’s supposed to do.
Boosted Boards Dual 2000W
This board is a 38-inch longboard that has a lot of power behind it. For one, it’s 38 inches long, which gives you plenty of room, no matter your size. It’s also able to travel 22 MPH, which is rather fast.
- The maker of the product took the time to hand pick all the different materials that the board consists of including bamboo for the deck, so it has a little give and feels more natural when you’re riding it.
- The wheels are of composite plastics, which makes them stronger than regular plastic wheels.
- It is also outfitted with strong computer chips and top-grade batteries, making it a solid investment.
- It can take you up to 7 miles on one charge and it has two speeds. The first speed is 10 MPH and once you master using it at that speed, the higher speed of 22 MPH unlocks for you to use.
- You can control it using the remote it comes with or a smart phone app, which gives you a lot more information.
Either way, this board is great for pavement or concrete areas, but should be kept away from other types of terrain if you want it to last for a long time. Furthermore, this is one of the favorites among enthusiasts because of the way it looks, the way it performs, and the fact that it’s lightweight. It weighs less than 15 pounds, so it won’t cause injury if you want to lug it around to the perfect spot to ride it.
ZBoard (Not Recommended)
When this board came out people were really excited about it. However, the board did not perform as well as some hoped that it would. It has some really good specs but there were still major design problems. There were a lot of customers that returned theirs or have a board just taking up space that they won’t use.
- It’s able to sense weight changes, so you don’t need a controller to be able to pilot it.
- It can travel up to 17 MPH and will take you around 5 miles on a single charge. It’s also lightweight, so you can carry it around whenever you have to.
- The good news is, after the backlash, the manufacturers of the product sat down and came up with possible solutions to the problems people were having with these boards and a new version is being made.
- The updated version goes faster, farther, has a stronger motor, lights on the front and the back, and a way to check the battery at all times, to make sure you always know when you need to stop riding and charge your board.
If these changes make their boards better, they may have a chance to impress future customers, as these new features seem rather exciting.
Flacon 1200 Watt Eboard (Out of Stock)
This board looks pretty cool with its bright wheels and casual look. It’s definitely not flashy, but it has some specifications that are not easy to ignore. One thing is that it has a powerful 1200-watt motor, which is able to get up and go. It’s also able to travel up to 17 miles on one charge and can go up a hill or an incline that is up to 30 degrees, which is really impressive.
- The deck is constructed of many layers of maple and the device can travel at a maximum speed of 20 MPH.
- Since it’s so powerful, it can handle up to 245 pounds and can be told what to do by using the remote it comes with.
- The remote allows you to change the speed up or down, and for braking.
- The best things about this board are that it’s just over 10 pounds, so it’s almost too easy to carry around town if you have to.
- The parts are all encased in metal in a no-fuss way, so you can’t really tell that it’s electric unless someone draws special attention to it.
- At the same time, it’s not able to drive over many different terrains, so keep this one on the road as much as you can.
Dynacraft Surge (For Kids)
This is a skateboard that is designed especially for kids. It’s intended for children 8 and up to use, so it has features that are a little bit muted compared to adult models.
- It can only go up to 6 MPH and it can handle cargo of 145 pounds or less.
- The remote lets you choose one of 3 speeds to travel and the board has alloy trucks to make it as strong as possible.
- There is plenty of grip tape on the top of the deck to keep children’s feet in place and it has a power switch to turn off when it isn’t in use.
- One important note to add is that it weighs 20 pounds, so your child will likely need help carrying it around, as well as lots of supervision while riding it.
All in all, it seems like this one is a miniature version of a really great electric skateboard, so it would be a great gift for the little sports buff in your house.
Our Top 3 Recommendations
Now that you know all about many of the major options to choose from, and the way that you need to learn how to ride it, you likely have a greater understanding of what an electric skateboard is and what can be considered reasonable.
While every single one on this list is an acceptable purchase, with the exception of the ZBoard until the updates are successfully made, the three that have been singled out are your best bet. They will give you the most overall value and ability, so you won’t have to worry about ever upgrading or having to get something new.
#2 Best Value
Yuneec E-Go2 Cruiser
14 mph top speed
18 mile range
Very light, only 14 lbs.
Excellent user reviews
E-Glide GT Powerboard
23 mph top speed
15 mile range
Well-built & reliable
12 mph top speed
10 mile range
Phone app or remote